Sunday 10 March 2013

Week 5

So there are no pictures to go with this post today as I have not lost any weight. Well, apparently I lost 2 ounces - the scales this morning said 13 stone 0 pounds and 4 ounces. I am trying not to be discouraged, particularly as I am going out for a mothers day/birthday lunch later today and I intend to eat my bodyweight in chips, so I have been looking at the reasons for no movement and hoping to do better this coming week.

For starters, I am on my period so I think this has ramped my weight up quite a bit. Last Monday I weighed myself (I know... I know!) and I'd put on 5 lbs. Even I cannot put on 5 lbs overnight, so I think this was the period-related symptoms starting. Once they have gone away I may even weigh myself just in case!
Also, I consumed a lot more bread than I usually do. It was all wholewheat, of course, but I think that it is still something my body is not used to digesting. This coming week I will be back to mostly rice and salad again so hopefully that will help. I have planned a low-fat vegetarian curry for my packed lunches at work this week and I will make that later today.

I'm also going to increase the amount of exercise I do. I have cleared a space at home now and so I should be able to put my many DVDs and exercise equipment to good use once again. In addition to walking with the leg weights, I hope this will help. A week on Monday I intend to start running even if it kills me, and it would be so much more motivating to be a 12 stone something runner than a 13 stone something runner.

I've also got things together to stop the binges. This week, bizarrely, I was very good about not bingeing excessively. This coming week I am going to stick it out! I have got snacks that I can eat as much of as I want to, and I hope these healthy, low-fat options will do the trick on fighting the salty and Milky Way cravings!

So, fingers crossed that there is some positive movement on the scales this next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment