Saturday 23 March 2013

Pre-weigh in nerves

I have had a weigh-y week. Every spare minute I got I have been jumping on the scales. I'm not sure what has brought this on, exactly, but it isn't leaving me with much hope for my weigh-in tomorrow. I think this will be another 'maintenance' week, as the scales haven't changed every time I got on them.

I think this could be for several reasons, firstly I am lactose intolerant and I had three pizzas this week so I'm 99% sure that cheese bloat will be a factor (and it takes a good long while to get fully out of your system) and I'm also craving pizza like mad now :-( Also I am working my way through a large stock of teas and I have started on a green tea that is not decaffeinated, therefore I'm sure the caffeine that is now suddenly in my system is not helping with water retention. I'm quite disappointed that not bingeing this week whilst taking up zumba and running hasn't led me to a startling drop to be honest. There is the niggling thought that I always seem to lose weight when I've binged... maybe I am not eating enough?! Certainly seems like it though. I am clinging to the hope that maybe I have lost fat weight but gained muscle weight due to all the running! I have convinced myself that I can see muscle definition in my fat thighs. There is oodles of fat but a dip where my muscle is. And I have caught sight of my thighs in certain lights and they are looking thinner. Not thin by any stretch of the imagination, but thinner.

Finally, I can't believe I am already making excuses for myself and trying to justify not losing weight this week. Hmm. I'm still holding out the vague and untenable hope that there is just something about Sundays and I will have lost 2lbs overnight and be at my finally-reached-three-stone goal tomorrow morning. Or possibly even further. I'm not so confident.

Also it has snowed up to the rafters here so my runs have been cancelled today and yesterday. Tomorrow I will have to go out anyway, even if there is a blizzard. If I have managed to lose those 2 lbs I will bloody well dig my way into town to have my eyebrows done as I will have EARNED it, baby! I also have the motivation of catching up with some old friends in 2 weeks time, so I have the potential to be down by almost a half stone by the time I see them if I can get a 2lb a week weight loss by then. Imagine being less than 12 and a half stone?! Pshaw!

Nervously awaiting the results for tomorrow... Pleasedon'tletmehaveputweighton, pleasedon'tletmehaveputweighton.....

No comments:

Post a Comment