Sunday 17 February 2013

Week 2!

Ok, so how does 2lbs of glorious weight loss look? Well, at this point in time I'm afraid I couldn't tell you. This is not because I have exceeded that, unfortunately it is because I weighed myself this morning and the results are in: 13 stones 4.2 lbs. I'm counting this as 1lb weight loss, as I'm sure that 2 ounces can't mean that much. Still, at least it is 1lb in the right direction! (down instead of up) That makes my BMI 30.5 according to the NHS calculator (http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx) which puts me at almost the boundary between obese and overweight. I can't tell you how excited I will be to make it down into the "overweight" BMI range! (Well, not  half as excited as I will be to be in the "healthy" category but still... baby steps!)
I work in a school and had half term this week, involving going away with my extended family. Whilst we had a lot of exercise, there was also a 3 course buffet meal and eating out involved. I'm slightly hoping that I haven't lost 2lbs because I have put on some weight in muscle through swimming and wrestling with my nieces and nephews - ever the optimist! Still, I didn't help yesterday by preparing for my weekly weigh-in with a lunch at McDonalds and eating an entire bag of triple chocolate cookies to myself. It isn't hard to see how I got in this mess is it! Well, here we are then, the photos of 1lb of weight loss!

Why yes, I am wearing my fancy knickers today! It has occurred to me that maybe I should always wear the same underwear, but I'm sure that today it doesn't really matter.

So, 1lb down. 48 to go.... Fingers crossed for 2lbs by next Sunday - that should take me, ecstatically, into the overweight BMI range! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment