Saturday 23 February 2013

Motivations and goals!

It is the night before official weigh-in and photos and, oddly, I am feeling both motivated and defeated. I caved yesterday and weighed myself. I had, indeed, lost 2 lbs. This news thrilled me so much that I had scrambled egg and fruit instead of a McDonalds breakfast! Alas, it did not sustain me long enough to prevent me from crumbling and getting Domino's pizza for dinner. I can safely assume then, that if the pizza wasn't enough to add the 2 lbs back on then the bloating from the cheese will probably do it! I'm not looking forward to the 'official' weighing tomorrow.

It has caused me to do more exercise though. Furthermore in an effort to drive myself out for a walk despite the pitiful excuse for 'snow' I turned to motivational quotes online and decided to set myself up with some concrete goals and rewards. As one of the images I saw said 'don't reward yourself with food - you are not a dog!' I realised that I would probably do that if left to my own devices, also, you would think that working in a school would have made me apply the principle of motivational smaller goals on the way to a larger objective to my own life, wouldn't you? Well, better late than never!

So, irrespective of what the scales say tomorrow, these are my goals:
Goal #1 - 12 stone 10. I have been longing to see those numbers for a long time as it will mark the official 3 stone lost and halfway point. My reward for this will be to get my eyebrows threaded. I realise that this might seem strange, but it is better than a trip to Maccy D's, isn't it? Depending on the timing of it, I might throw in a haircut as an added treat - the fun never stops here!
Goal #2 - 11 stone 10. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to have one whole stone between goals or not. I suppose I can always adjust them later if I get stuck or need an extra kick. This one is inspired by my original dr, who commented that she wouldn't usually give the type of medication I was on to someone 'over 75 kilos'. I believe, although my conversion skills are not the greatest, that this would put me around 75 kg in weight. Considering I started at 99 kg, that just blows my mind!!! My motivational reward for this one will be a bottle of seductive perfume. When I hit this weight, I will only be 10 lbs away from being in the healthy bmi range. I will be 4 stone lighter than when I started and, indeed, lighter than when I was in my last serious relationship. Therefore it will be time to face the opposite sex again. Seductive perfume will boost my confidence!
Goal #3 - 11 stone. I am slipping this in as it will mark the time in my life when I officially made it back into the 'healthy' BMI range. At this point it is 2 stone 4 pounds away and that seems like forever. This goal is currently 32 pounds away from me, which is about the amount I have lost up until now.... at the risk of demotivating myself AGAIN, I am sincerely hoping that it doesn't take me a further year to make it down to 11 stone!!! If I can lose 2 pounds a week, every week, then that makes it a short 16 weeks away. That's just 4 months. Admittedly, that will push me past my original goal but it is nothing to be sneezed at!!! The reward for this will to purchase a new pair of earrings.
Goal #4 - 10 stone 10. I realise this is 4 pounds away from goal 3. Still, this was my original target weight before I decided to adopt the 'in for a penny, in for a pound' approach and take my weight down into the 9 stones. I will be over the moon to reach this stage, and I imagine that it will be harder to lose weight the closer to my ultimate goal I get. This will likely be around the summer time, so I am trying to think of an appropriate motivational reward. I assume that my weight loss will be really quite noticeable around this point, so I am thinking mini shopping spree in celebration. With gorgeous, low dress size clothes that show off my fabulous new figure!
Goal #5 - 9 stone 10. Wow. 6 stone down. Time to bring out the big guns - New boots. FMBs. I hope I will be needing them!
Goal #6 - 9 stone 7. ultimate target weight, and the lowest I have been since I was about 14 years old. My reward for this is a new tattoo. Well, I say new, by new I mean first. I know exactly what I want and when better to have it done than when my body is in perfect shape.

Ok. There we have it. So, 8 pounds to go until the first reward! 8 pounds seems such a measly amount but it will be hard work. I'm glad to see that I know what I am working towards, hopefully it will keep me motivated although I will add in extra goals if I find the gaps too long.

Until tomorrow and the 'official' weigh in. Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment