Friday 10 May 2013

Tummy bumps

I've been trying desperately to spot any changes in my body given the 40+ pounds I have now lost. I can see definite changes in my thighs, and also feel them. I can remember lying in bed last summer, lying on my side lifting my leg into the air and realising that I couldn't lift it up all the way because the fat on my 'hock' wouldn't bend. I remember massaging that fat, trying to make it disappear but just feeling that tight sensation under my skin where the fat was preventing my muscle from moving up with my leg. A good feeling for a 23 year old. Right now as I am writing this I can definitely lift my leg up without having side-leg-fat-bend issues. In fact, I have embraced swimming at the gym as I can feel my side-leg-fat flapping in the water as I swim and it feels like I'm swimming my fat off. Shut up, it's motivational for me.
I was at the gym yesterday and I did a 10 minute speed abs class. It was difficult. I woke up this morning and my tummy muscles did not want to co-operate to get me out of bed. I rubbed my stomach and felt two hard knots. I was mildly concerned about this, in case you can get stomach tumours or maybe because I had broken a bone or something. They hurt when I poked them and the muscles didn't feel any better. After a little prodding and exploration I discovered what they were; my ribs. Yes, that's right, I have now lost sufficient layers of fat that my ribs have come to the surface. And the muscles that cover them are aching. Don't get me wrong -there is still fat over my ribs, just less fat than before. One day my ribs may come back!  I have been noticing other tummy changes though, I think it might have been getting thinner anyway. Not noticeable to any one else but me. I'm sort of looking forward to the photos on Sunday to see if there is any noticeable difference!

I am mildly concerned about Sunday's weigh in as I have got my period at the moment. You may recall last month's period drama. This month, I am pleased to report, I am less suicidal, more motivated and less bingey. Considerably less bingey. I am hoping to lose 3 lbs again this week, but I know my weight will be artificially inflated by my period. I don't know if it will finish by Sunday and if it does whether the whoosh will come in time or not. I have weighed myself a couple of times this week and there is no noticeable changes apart from the fact that I am definitely 100% in the 12 stones now. If all goes horribly wrong, I may re-weigh on Monday morning. I hope my tummy bumps are feeling better by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment