Saturday 20 April 2013

Goodness me

Well! Long time no post! Last Sunday there was no weigh-in as I checked the scales and was too depressed to post the result. I'm sorry. I feel like I should keep honest with myself but I'm not prepared to do that at the expense of my motivation, so therefore no post.
I am in the midst of recovering from a horrific stomach bug. I started to wonder if I genuinely had some kind of eating disorder when I woke up, threw up extensively and my first thought was that I should have done more exercise the day before as I wasn't going to get any done that day. My second thought was that at least I should have lost weight with all the throwing up. Hmm. I'm not too sure what to make of this, but as the only thing I have eaten in 36 hours are high-fibre crackers, plain crisps, water and 'vitamin water' I'm sure this must have a positive effect on my weight loss. I am also choosing to view this as the silver lining to having a stomach bug - I may have had to suffer through being ill (on my day off and everything!) but there should be a positive for my pain. I also admit that I weighed myself after I was sick. Yes, that's right. And I was back down to my pre-binge weight. Oh yes. Again, I am just choosing to believe that I am someone very much entrenched in the weight loss wars and not crazy. I repeat this often to myself.....
So today is Saturday and as far as I could tell I was back down to 12.12 stone yesterday after the most horrific stomach virus ever. I'll weigh in tomorrow come hell or high water, and hopefully everything will be ok.
I'm definitely feeling like I'm back on track now and I'm even thinking of joining a gym! You heard me - joining the gym!!! I've found one that isn't too expensive so I am giving it some serious consideration. I. Will. Lose. This. Weight. If. It. Kills. Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment