Friday 12 April 2013

Friday

This part of the week seems to be going better. I wouldn't say I was on my usual healthy lifestyle properly but it is a million times better than this time last week. I'm feeling somewhat less apprehensive about weigh-in Magic Sunday than I was last week. Well, to a certain extent - usually this is when I've put on a million stone instead of losing!
I couldn't bring myself to go out for a run until last night. I woke up to my period yesterday morning, which was late. I'm assuming this was to blame for my lethargy the previous nights and so I dragged my sorry self out last night.  I had to cut my run short as the heavens opened but I still went out there and did it. I also went for a couple of walks yesterday and I have been on one long walk today already. I'll go for a run tonight if it isn't tipping it down and hopefully I'll be back on track again. I'm starting to wonder if hormone imbalance wasn't to blame for the horrendousness of the last couple of weeks? I'm dimly recalling having a similar issue before my last period. I can't do this 2 weeks out of every month though, I just can't. It's not possible. When I have lost the last pounds and I am down to my goal weight then I will stop worrying about it as it is just my body's way, but not now. If I spend 26+ weeks of the year eating shitloads and not exercising and beating myself up about it, I'll never lose weight and certainly never keep it off!

So, my goal at the moment is to get back into exercising and back into the healthy eating habits I had worked so hard to build up. I have also.... so exciting.... can't believe I am excited about this at my age....I've bought...a......hand blender! Woah yeah. Rock and roll, baby! I'm going to use it for smoothies and to make hummus and maybe soups as we get into summer (sorry, if we get into summer). I think red pepper hummus (I'm stealing Slimming World's Red Pepper Hummus recipe!) will form the basis of my lunches back at work next week. I've also found some dairy-free interestingly healthy ideas, like red lentil dahl and spicy sweet potato samosas that I'd like to try. I'll update when I get a chance to try these things if they are any good!

Right, back to trying to avoid eating everything in the house.....

No comments:

Post a Comment